These are the classic wardrobe pieces that provide a starting point for your spring wardrobe. You should always take into account your personal style aesthetic as well as your lifestyle and wardrobe needs. If you work outside the home, your essentials may look different from those of say, a work-at-home mother, but these are some of the basic clothing suggestions you may want to consider having in your spring wardrobe.
1. LIGHT colored pants This is a staple for any wardrobe. Always works for casual chic with a t-shirt and scarf or button down and blazer. Wear them with a silk blouse for work or a T-shirt on weekends. Light pants are a great transition piece for spring. A wider leg, drawstring style is trending but of course, you should wear what is flattering on you.
2. WHITE jeansNothing says hello Spring like a pair of crisp white jeans. They pair well with everything from neutrals to pastels to brights. It’s important to find a pair that fits well in a material that is non-see-through. Ankle length skinny jeans are the most fashion-forward, but bootcut or straights work just as well if that’s your style. Flares are also trending this spring.
3. A light SPRING COAT whether it’s a trench coat for a polished look or a utility jacket in light canvas or cotton for weekends, a light spring coat is a wardrobe staple. Splurge on a good quality piece because these are items that won’t go out of style any time soon.
4. Transitional FLATSNot quite warm enough for sandals, but tired of boots and socks? A nice pair of loafers or pointy toe ballerinas are a good in-between option. Animal prints are having a moment (snake or cheetah) as well as neutrals. A pop of print can enhance your entire outfit.
5. White SNEAKERS White leather sneakers are trending, but canvas sneakers are a good option too, and they don’t have to be white either. These are essential casual footwear. Perfect for working out,
6. classic TEES Absolutely essential and my go-to for comfy days. Invest in a few quality t-shirts that you can wear alone with a great accessory or layered under a sweater or blazer or over a tank top. Tucked into a skirt or hanging free with a pair of denim cutoffs. It’s all good. V-neck or scoop neck, boat or crew neckline, choose a neckline that fits and flatters you.
7. Silky TANK TOPS This is my day-to-night styling solution. From date nights to girl’s night out, this ethereal essential is perfect for when I want to look girly and sexy.
8. DENIM JACKET The opposite of the trench coat. It’s both classic and edgy, making it a go-to statement layer that works from office to evening. Switch to lighter colors like coral or blush and layer over your spring dress.
9. SPRING DRESS This spring, florals are having a moment, in lot’s of flowy styles, as are structured sheaths. Just change up the darker winter shades and work those shapes in fresh shades.
10. FLOWY SKIRT Don’t just switch to lighter colors, switch to lighter materials too. Choose a-lines and flowy shapes to catch the breeze!
Of course, you may need to add some other essentials like sandals, sunglasses and a good light colored handbag, but these 10 should get you well on your way to a lighter, brighter Spring!